Kids, I’m on a baking kick apparently. I made these cookies tonight and they are delish! Really can’t tell the difference between these and regular chocolate chip cookies that contain egg. I’m learning that the cornstarch + water substitute is really best for replacing eggs in baking.
- • 2 3/4 cup flour
• 1 tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. baking soda
• 1 cup margarine
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1 tsp. vanilla
• 2 tsp. cornstarch
• 1/4 cup water
• 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla, cornstarch, and water. Stir in the flour mixture and mix well. Add the chocolate chips and mix.
4. Drop the dough by spoonfuls onto a lightly oiled cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Makes about 40 cookies.